It's a lot of fun to have a pen pal, especially since these days all the communication is done over phone or Facebook. Even e-mail is going out of date, which to me is sad because I love emailing people. Everything is done with use of electronics, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just the way the world is evolving. But it is nice to do things differently.
I look forward every week for my letter from my pen pal, and although calling each other would be easier and faster, it seems to the both of us writing a letter is better. We write each other weekly, and we've become closer in friendship than we would have ever done any other way. I met my pen pal at summer camp last year, and other than my best friend who went with me to camp, my relationship with Sophie has progressed and grown stronger than anyone else I've kept in contact with. Using Facebook, emails, phones or anything else. It's not lot of work, I look forward to receiving letters, and I overall just enjoy it. Sophie (my pen pal) and I both agree that it relieves more stress writing your problems down, and sending them to someone, knowing that the other person won't care what you write, than anything else.
And what I think is really cool, is that Sophie lives in the same city my grandmother does, so if I ever go to visit her, I can see Sophie too. I think I tell Sophie more than I tell anyone else. The last letter I wrote her was seven and a half pages long. And all it was about, was recent happenings in my life over the last week. I've told her things, and she's told me things that I know we could never share with anyone else, ever in a life time. Important things, confidential things, even stupid things, that I don't even tell my best friend. A relationship like that is hard to build, and I'm glad I have a pen pal.
Popular Posts
-
Okay so there is this kitchy little ice cream parlor that I have been going to for years. It's kinda small, but it's filled with all...
-
http://www.edd.state.nm.us/about/cabinetSecretary/index.html Today my brother had a dentist appointment, and my sister had a doctor's ap...
-
Southwest Aeronautics Mathematics and Science Academy- SAMS Academy I've been on the waiting list to go to a charter school called SSLC ...
-
Synopsis of my 50,000 word novel. Stuck at home sick, with nothing to do, these rambunctious little boys and moody sister have nothing to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment