Popular Posts

Sunday, April 29, 2012

ISIC First Month Update

This month a lot happened. It was just a busy month in general. I started actually working at ISIC (I Scream Ice Cream.) At first I was really nervous, and it took a while to get used to the hang of things, but it's not such a hard job at all. I serve people ice cream and I clean after little kids and their messes. The first day I kept leaving the scoop in the ice cream container, and messing up the cash register, but as time progressed I have gotten better. I can do the cash register easily, and have even mastered two layered ice cream cones, and the bowls are easy. At first I'd put too much ice cream in a cup, not leaving enough room for toppings or anything else, now Bill (my boss) says I do it perfectly. I learned to make coffee last week, and this week hot dogs. I'm hoping one day to master making a malt, but from what I've heard it takes a lot of practice to perfect. And since ISIC is one of the coolest places in Albuquerque to go, a lot of people go there. Meaning that chances are that I'll meet someone I already know. Today I met a family who used to go to pre-school with my brothers, and another family who goes to my brothers' school now. I also met one of my mom's friends of whom we haven't seen in such a long time, which is good. Now we're back in contact.

Today was my third day, and I think I've finally got the hang of things. Between serving ice cream, hot dogs and cones, coffees and sodas, and the cash register I've got the counter covered. And between mopping up ice cream from the floors and tables, and re-arranging and organizing the toys multiple times, I've got the front area covered too. I think the only problem today was that I couldn't replace the towels in the bathroom. And my co-workers are all nice, which is a bonus to everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment